The issue of diversity is being discussed, from several different angles, among the Freethoughtblogs community and others. This is a list of posts you might want to have a look at.
This is especially important in relation to maintaining or enhancing diversity when you are engaged in some sort of selection process: Hiring, making a list of authors, putting together a blog network, etc. etc.
They are listed in date order:
- Getting It Right Early: Why Atheists Need to Act Now on Gender and Race
- Tokenism Is Not Inclusivity
- Thoughts From A Diversity Hire
- How To Make Diversity Happen
- On Diversity, and the Lack Thereof…
- Diversity and the Best Atheist Blogger Award – Please Don’t Vote for Me
- Not one of us is a token
- Catches Twenty-Two