Therefore, most people in the Netherlands don’t go to hospitals if they are sick. If they are sick they go to another country, because if they walk into one of the hospitals in their own country, they will be killed against their will.

I am not making this up. The man who has a better than 10% chance of being the Leader of the Free World swears this is true, and why would he lie?

See:

12 Responses to The Government of the Netherlands Routinely Kills Netherlanders When They Least Expect it

1. Kevin says:

Liberals should attend these events and then when applicable hold up signs that say ‘Citation Needed.’ However, their arms might get tired after awhile.

2. Achrachno says:

It’s clearly much better, in Santorum’s mind, to just let people of all ages die without medical care if they can’t afford it. The rationing function of the market, and all that. If you’re worth saving, you’ll have the money to pay. If you have no money, you’re obviously worth nothing. Jesus taught that, you know.

3. Rixaeton says:

Oddly enough, my mother has told me of Dutch-Indonesians that have flown from New York to Amsterdam to have medical and dental work done as it is cheaper and more reliable to do it that way, even if you includ the cost of the air fares.

Rixaeton, yeah, but that would be a ONE WAY air fare!

5. Goodchild says:

In case anyone is interested, Glenn Kessler at The Washington Post wrote up a fact-check on Santorum’s claims from the video. Unsurprisingly, it’s a load of manure.

Euthanasia in the Netherlands: Rick Santorum’s bogus statistics

6. RealityBasedSteve says:

I mis-read the headline the first time I looked at it. I thought it said “Netherlands routinely kills Neanderthals”. Shows why I shouldn’t skip that cup of coffee on the drive in.

RBS

They probably do that too.

8. Phillip IV says:

Naw, they gave up on their “Euthanasia for Neanderthals” program after it was found to result in more dead doctors than dead Neanderthals.

In the case that Santorum really gets elected I’ll start a petition to get the Dutch government to demand an explanation for his remarks. I mean, since I’ll already be living in Amsterdam, anyway….

9. Timberwoof says:

Holding up a sign saying “[Citation Needed]” might get misinterpreted as a request for arrest or a crappy old Chevrolet.

10. Jeroen Metselaar says:

I was wondering when you would pick this one up.

The real fact is of course that a Dutch person in need of medical care will actually get it because We Are All Insured. It are the US republicans that want people to die out on the street.

11. RealityBasedSteve says:

Turns out that this ISN’T the first time that Santorum has made this claim. He was singing the same song back in 2009.
    The Moderate Voice

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse…

RBS

12. Uncle Glenny says:

Santorum speaks from his Netherregions.