Mississippi Representative Andy Gipson: Put gays to death

This is just coming to light, apparently. Mississippi Republican Andy Gipson posed the following on his Facebook page on May 10th:

“Been a lot of press on Obama’s opinion on “homosexual marriage.” The only opinion that counts is God’s: see Romans 1:26-28 and Leviticus 20:13. Anyway you slice it, it is sin. Not to mention horrific social policy.”

According to Leviticus 20:13, “If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”

Unity Mississippi asked him to apologize, but instead he said:

“To be clear, I want the world to know that I do not, cannot, and will not apologize for the inspired truth of God’s Word. It is one thing that will never “change.” Anyone who knows me knows I also believe that all people are created in God’s image, and that all people are loved by God, so much so that He gave us the truth of His Word which convicts us of the reality and guilt of our sin, and He gave us His Son Jesus who paid the full penalty for all our sins, by His grace through our faith in Him as we repent of our sin. John 3:16. It is this message that I preach every Sunday. I sincerely pray God will reach someone through this message.”

We await his resignation. Oh, wait, he’s a state rep in Mississippi. He’ll be elected governor.

10 Responses to Mississippi Representative Andy Gipson: Put gays to death

1. Governor? More like the next Republican nominee to throw his hat into the ring. Can you say “write in campaign?” This guy IS the new Republican Party.

2. had3 says:

Exodus 21, more unchanging god’s laws?

3. Steve says:

For Gipson, I can reuse a curse I wrote for all of the self-righteous Morning People:

May you wake up at 3:00 AM some Sunday morning to the smell of smoke and dial 911 only to hear “The Emergency Services Center is closed. Please call back during Normal Business Hours. Thank you.”

BTW, if Gipson shaves, or even trims his beard, the Holy Babble says he should die alongside the gays and people who wear mixed-fiber clothing. Where in hell did THAT one come from?

4. shouldbeworking says:

Fucking hypocrite now says he doesn’t want gays put to death. I thought one was either on gawd’s side or the evil side. I hope that fence he’s sitting leaves splinters in his hemorroids.

5. Crudely Wrott says:

Rep. Gipson isn’t alone in his hatred, which is certainly no secret or surprise. Here is another example. How they manage to stand themselves is one of the Great Mysteries.

6. sumdum says:

These American Taliban are so outrageous..

7. M Groesbeck says:

Gipson looks awfully clean-shaven for someone who insists on Leviticus as a source of law…

8. jnorris says:

Note to Gibson: the same scripture that tells you to kill gays (side note: you have to kill the gays, you can’t contract it out) also says to kill people who eat catfish. I’m sure your supporters in Mississippi believe it too.

9. Randomfactor says:

They’ll have to nuke the gay inmates’ straight parents from orbit as well. Only way to be sure.

10. doktorzoom says:

Dear Rep. Gipson,

Where do I report brides who I suspect of not being virgins, so that they can be stoned to death? Deuteronomy 22.20-21 is pretty clear on this. Also, I understand that many Mississippi police departments and hospitals may actually provide help and treatment to rape victims, instead of stoning them to death as prescribed by Deut. 22:23-24. Please bring an end to this un-Biblical treatment of rape victims, and kill them as God wants.