The most disgusting thing I’ve seen all year, so far

… is over on Camels with Hammers.

Daniel documents and discusses Cee-lo Green, whom I’ve never heard of before but now know of as a dishonest, disgusting dick-head, singing but changing the words of a song written by a man who is a thousand times better than Cee-lo Green, as part of the New Year’s celebration. Cree Lo, kiss my ass.

Details here.

Read the comments at CWH. It appers that Cee Lo Green has committed an illegal act, violating copyright law, in the process of being a dick. I assume he has no problem with this because it was also a Christian Act, which justifies it. Right?

Whichever recording company or network owns his ass should make a statement explaining how they are going to fix this, I assume.

20 Responses to The most disgusting thing I’ve seen all year, so far

1. Really? It’s disgusting, yes, but the most disgusting? I only have to think back a couple of days to come up with, say the rape comments on reddit, for something more disgusting.

Really? It’s disgusting, yes, but the most disgusting?

Most disgusting thing I’ve seen this year, yes. The reddit thing was totally last year according to my calendar!

3. Pierce R. Butler says:

I propose the most suitable atonement on Green’s part would be to, with an explicit apology, donate his entire payment for last night’s gig, plus 20% or more, to a charity named by Yoko Ono.

Ah, okay. *This* year. I get it. Still, how about this?

OK, well, I hadn’t seen that yet!

Pierce, excellent idea

6. Yeah, that thing at my place scores high on the disgustingOmeter.

7. Quincyme says:

I’ll repeat what I said to JT on twitter. He’s either a coward or a twat.

Who? JT or Cee Lo?

9. Glad I watched basketball instead of the New Years Eve celebrations last night. I didn’t want to watch the ball drop anymore let alone watch and listen to celebrity garbage, preferring to watch the NBA basketball games and the Detroit Pistons win their first game of the season instead. After what I heard about what Cee Lo sang last night, it looks like I made the right decision to see all the slam dunks and hear people cheer the Piston’s fist win. :)

10. Oops! I mean ” the Pistons’ first win”. Sorry about the typo and misspellings, guys.

11. sqlrob says:

Violated the law? Yes. Criminal? Unlikely. Most copyright things are civil, I don’t think it’s criminal until SOPA or something like it passes. (IANAL)

12. Brother Yam says:

This coming from a guy who wrote a song called Fuck You.

An awesome song, by the way…

13. Francisco Bacopa says:

Maybe people will go back and listen to the original and notice the difference. At least I hope they will.

Imagine is about the best atheist song ever written. The old “American Atheist Hour”on KPFT back in the eighties used it as their intro.

Cee Lo is not the first to have made these changes to the lyrics.My only hope is that Yoko will clamp down on this lyric changing shit. She does hold the copyright, doesn’t she? If not Occupy the copyright holders.

14. Azkyroth says:

Yes, but he’s a coward doing something morally indefensible. Exactly the people copyright laws have been solely designed to protect and serve for about twice as long as I’ve been alive.

15. sqlrob says:

@Brother Yam:

Don’t you mean Forget You?

He’s no stranger to changing things to mollify people; at least this was his own.

16. Trebuchet says:

Is there any indication of whether this was Green’s idea, or did the network insist on it to avoid antagonizing Christians?

17. Pingback: Linksplat – 02/01/12 « Cubik's Rube